Looking for a bag for the X100

I don't like having a strap on a camera. I want to hold it "naked" and after use I want to tuck it away quickly and safely into the smallest possible camera bag I can find. Because of the fixed lens there's no need to carry additional lenses. The smaller the bag the more likely the camera will go with me.


Finding a case that fits the XF100 like a glove was difficult. The Fuji X100 measures 128 x 75 x 54 mm (W x H x D). It's slightly bigger size, especially the depth of 54 mm rules out a lot of compact camera bags. I searched the websites of brands like Lowepro, Tamrac, Cullmann, Crumpler or Kata and came up with only a few small bags that might fit. None of the bags below fits 100% perfectly though.

The ideal bag interior size for the X100 would be 130 x 80 x 60 mm (H x W x D)

Please note that my judgement is not based on experience but on measurements published by the manufacturers.

The Tamrac 5689 seems to be the closest fit for the bare camera without any lens attachement. The depth could be larger by 4 mm though but I don't think that would be a problem with such a flexible bag.
Interior space: 130 x 80 x 50 mm (H x W x D)




The BlackRapid SnapR is also worth a look. It has an interesting safety concept and the zipper operation seems to be easy and fast.
Interior space: 133 x 82 x 50 mm (H x W x D)




The Cullmann BERLIN Vario 200 is bigger and would allow for a sunhood on the lens. The zippers though are not the fastest way to access the camera.
Interior space: 140 x 90 x 75 mm (H x W x D)





The Lowepro ILC Classic 50 might be already too large for just the camera but it also easily allows for an attached lens hood.
Interior space: 150 x 75 x 95 mm (H x W x D)





I liked the Tamrac MX5383 the best. It is taller than required but looks stiffer and better than the Tamrac 5689 mentioned above. I ordered this bag and want to fit my own strap. I'll post details when I have both the camera and the bag.
Interior space: 180 x 80 x 50 mm (H x W x D)